HIT HARD: 3 Must Have Mindsets to (re)Design Your Life
What does your ultimate life look like to you? What dreams or goals do you have? I was born with a unique set of arms that were short and missing fingers. This didn’t stop me from loving sports; especially football. As a child I dreamed of playing football at the college level. People thought I was crazy because I thought that dream was gone when I was cut from my high school football team. Six years later I found myself running onto the field at Varsity Stadium, wearing the jersey of the University of Toronto. Hit Hard will share with you 3 Must-Have-Mindsets you need to (re)design the life you want. You will leave with all the tools you need in taking the power step towards your goals.
- Tackle imposter syndrome and other toxic thought patterns
- Create your work-life playbook
- Practice Like You Play. Understand the simple but vital 3 step process to create a winning mindset.
- Draft Your All-Stars. Identify and recruit your success team.
The Spork Principle: How to Find, Take, and Create Opportunity in Your Life
Do you feel understaffed, under resourced, and under______(fill in the blank)? Do you feel like the gap between where you are and where you want to be is too far to bridge? If so you are not alone. Being a leader means you often have to do more with less or be the catalyst for change that can seem too big to achieve. The Spork Principle shows you how to bridge and leverage your current situation and resource to create opportunities. The Spork Principle will show you how to find imaginative and original solutions to your problems. Participants will:
- Learn how to identify and leverage current strengths
- Maximize opportunities using the Opportunity Finder system
- Apply ally building strategies into their daily practice
The 2-Year Old’s Guide to Work-Life Balance
What can you learn about work-life from a 2-year old? The answer: plenty. Based on my book, The 2-Year Old’s Guide to Work-Life Balance, this keynote will share with you 3 simple but powerful work-life lessons as they were revealed to me by my 2-year old son, Alessio. At the time I was among the 55% of American’s who reported they felt the were burnt out and stressed. These simple lessons changed my life, and turned around my work-life-balance. In this session you will learn how to:
- Tinker with the building blocks that construct your work and professional boundaries
- Play hide and seek with your values system and how it interacts with your work-life situation.
- Learn the difference between Bear People and Yak People and how they impact your Work-Life Balance.
- Engage with energy giving life choices.
The Flex Factor: Understanding the Benefits of Workplace Flexibility in Your Life
Do you feel like your professional life and personal life are always fighting with each other? Is taking time for yourself something that is on your to-do list but rarely ever gets crossed off? If so you are like millions of Americans trying to balance the different aspects of their lives. Doing this can be difficult but there is good news: achieving work-life balance can be done! During this presentation participants will:
- Define work-life balance, work-life flexstyles and some key concepts around it
- Understand key research that shows how work life flexstyles can impact employee satisfaction and retention
- Discover their own work-life flexstyle and how it interacts with other flexstyles
- Learn practical strategies (for both managers and employees) that will enhance work-life balance in the workplace
In an era where demographics and dynamics are changing, a presentation like this is essential in helping organizations and employees improve their lives. By understanding positive work-life initiatives, organizations can:
- Increase employee retention (and thus decrease costly employee turnover)
- Increase productivity
- Increase company loyalty
- Increase morale
- Decrease health issues related to work-based stress and exhaustion.
With results like that, you can’t afford NOT to view this presentation. To get a taste of Paul’s thoughts on work-life balance and leadership visit the blog page.
Being Superman: 4 Concepts That Help Leaders Understand (Dis)Ability.
More than 25% of the population has a disability in some form. With this in mind, we have to keep working to ensure that 1) our organization creates an environment that is accepting of persons with (dis)abilities and 2) we as leaders have a working knowledge of what (dis)ability is and how to celebrate it. During this presentation I infuse my life story of overcoming challenges both on and off the football field with practical knowledge relating to ability and inclusion. Specifically, participants will:
- Learn the key tenants of Disability Identity Theory
- Understand and identify microagressions and how to combat them
- Define and understand intersectionality both broadly and on a personal level
- Understand (dis)ability as both a social and medical construct